Friday, March 19, 2010

All Tucked In

Jackie tucking Ruby in for bed.
Getting Ruby to slept at the foot of the bed all night, on a vomit protector blanket and under a blanket to keep her from shaking all night, was a moderate success. She stayed at the foot of the bed, but did not stay under the blanket. Once Jackie woke up and left for work all bets were off and next thing I knew I was snuggling with Ruby. I woke up spooning with Ruby.

My work schedule was weird today allowing me to come home for a few hours in the middle of the day. Ruby and Zoey were both very excited I was home. Getting home, I laid down on the floor, both Ruby and Zoey were jumping on me for attention. It was great to have dogs crawling on me for attention. Ruby's tail was going like crazy. As I slowly backed away from Ruby, she would crawl towards me wagging her tail. She is getting better about playing, and wanting to play.

While I was taking a nap and watching TV during my break from work Ruby and Zoey were both laying with me on the couch. As I was petting them, Ruby started licking Zoey. Very cute, but after the fact I began to worry that if Zoey had not caught Kennel Cough from Ruby yet, she probably did today.

Jackie able to hand feed Ruby slightly over 1 cup of Nutro with Wet food and chicken water. We're starting to worry, we try multiple times to feed Ruby, however we only get 1 meal in a day. The amount of food she's eating isn't even enough to sustain her declining body weight. We are going to try putting her food on a plate next meal time, because she'll eat out of our hands but is hesitant to go anywhere near the food bowl.

Late night meal was unsuccessful from a bowl. Tried from a plate and she immediately started eating. She ate the wet food cold and hot, but would not eat any when it was mixed with dry Nutro.

When Jackie went to sleep she tucked Ruby in, on a blanket and under a blanket, to keep her warm and away from us in case of vomiting. About 10 minutes after she went to bed, Jackie called me from the bedroom asking for medicine because she didn't want to disturb the dog she had just tucked in. We are already catering to this dog way more than I had ever thought I would. All I can do to comfort myself is keep saying it's not because we want to (even though we kind of do) it's because we have to, especially with the feeding situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment