Saturday, March 20, 2010

Eat! Eat! Eat!

Another night of everyone sleeping in the bed, everyone slept through the night. Once Ruby saw that I was awake in the morning she started whining for attention. All I did was pick up my head to check the time, but Ruby saw it. I started snuggling and petting Ruby hoping she would go back to bed, all the did was whine for attention. The funny part was, the more attention I gave, the louder the whining became.

Before going to work I was able to get Ruby to eat about 8oz of wet food off of a plate, though I had to hand feed about half of that to her. Either way, it's the first morning meal she's eaten since coming home with us.

Today also marked the second time I heard Ruby bark. Our neighbor's dog came waltzing up to our window. Zoey let out a few barks, followed quickly by Ruby, and Ruby did not stop barking for a minute or two. The barking was louder than last time, of course, being inside only made things seem louder.

For dinner Jackie fed Ruby kibble with water and wet food. Ruby ate 2/3 cup dry food with 1/4 can wet food and water. Jackie gave her more but that was all she was willing to eat.

Coming home from work, as soon as my key hit the door both dogs started barking. Zoey was never much of a barker, though with another dog it seems she's getting into it.

We tried feeding Ruby a for a third time today. The late night meal consistent of a can of wet food (13oz), both Jackie and I were shocked Ruby was willing to eat so much food. Zoey was allowed to lick the plate, Zoey stood on the plate so we had a hard time taking it away from her.

Three meals in one day is amazing. Today was definitely the first day that Ruby ate enough to at least maintain her body weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment